Wow. I accidentally did my part 3 blog post over this one, rewriting the content of it. I love technology. Anyways, whats another 45 minutes of my life that I will never get back that I could have spent playing video games with my friends or going out to the mall or something. Well this time, I'm going to try and make this as quick as possible so that i can pout and fume in a corner about my useless mistake. A specular reflection is one that reflects light on a smooth surface such as a mirror, but a diffuse reflection takes all of the wavelengths and scatters them depending on the smoothness of the surface, reflecting the light into different directions. We did a demo yesterday on lasers and how in the air, we cant actually "see" the light, but by putting a haze into the air adding tiny little surfaces for the light to reflect off of, we could see the path of the lasers. We also learned that the three primary colors when mixing light are red, blue, and green which can be combined to make magenta, cyan, and yellow. When red light is shown on a white surface, it appears red because white objects reflect all frequencies of light. when a red light is put to a red surface, it appears red because that is the frequency that it reflects. when a red light is shown on a blue or green surface, it appears as "black" assuming there is absolutely no outside light because the blue or green surface wont reflect the color red and will just absorb the wave.

Nice blogpost and I like your cool pictures
ReplyDelete